Saint Martin’s Island is a coral island in the northeastern part of the Bay of Bengal in the far south of Bangladesh. St. Martin’s Island is located about 9 km south of Teknaf in Cox’s Bazar district and 8 km west of the coast of Myanmar at the mouth of the Naf River.
It is also locally called Narikel Jinjira because of the abundance of coconuts available. Many years ago, in unfavorable weather conditions, an Arabian merchant ship loaded with cinnamon crashed into a huge rock under the water, causing the cinnamon on board to spread throughout the island, later renamed St. Martin’s Island as ‘Cinnamon’. Island ‘. The film Daruchini Dwip, written by Humayun Ahmed and directed by Taukir Ahmed, was shot here.
St. Martin’s Island is a popular tourist destination. During the tourist season, 5 launches come and go from the mainland of Bangladesh every day. The real fun of St. Martin cannot be enjoyed without one night. It is better to have two nights.
In that case, 1 day can be set aside for Chera Dwip, another day for St. Martin. Every day tourists return in the afternoon, so the fun of visiting the island in the afternoon is different. And if you can go to the full moon, then no need to wander around St. Martin’s Island at night and increase your desire to live.
Table of Contents
How much is a bicycle rental in St. Martin?
Bicycles can be rented from a few places on the island, especially from West Beach, for 60-70 rupees per hour. You will be able to walk around the beach to satisfy your desires.
How long is the electricity in St. Martin?
St. Martin has no PDB or rural-electricity connection. Totally dependent on the generator. Resort-hotels usually run generators from evening to 10-11 pm. During the day the water pump can be turned on for a while. Since there is no fan in winter, there is no lack of current during the day.
The problem is with charging mobiles, cameras, and laptops. At night, in the light and glittering atmosphere of the row of restaurants at the jetty, it does not seem that there is no electricity on the island. They keep the generator running for many nights.
The Way To Go To Saint Martin
The time needed: 17 hours. Teknaf can be reached by bus from Dhaka, Chittagong, and Cox’s Bazar. Regular buses are available from Chittagong and Cox’s Bazar for Teknaf. Teknaf can also be reached by renting a microbus from Cox’s Bazar.
Buses from Dhaka to Teknaf
Teknaf buses are available at Fakirapul in Dhaka and Sayedabad. Eagle, Modern Line, S Alam, Shyamoli, Green Line, etc. buses go to Teknaf. It takes 10-13 hours to reach. If you get on the train from Dhaka at 6 pm, you can get off at Damdamiya Jahat Ghat or Teknaf town between 7-8 am and go by ship or trawler.
However, if it is closed for a long time, many people will be delayed due to heavy traffic on the Dhaka-Chittagong road. In that case, there is a possibility of missing the ship. Because all the ships leave at 9:30. In that case, it can be done by a trawler.
Ship from Teknaf to St. Martin
Teknaf Shipyard You need to buy a sea truck/ship ticket. The distance from Teknaf to St. Martin is 9 km. Here you have to cross the rough sea. The sea is calm in winter so it is much safer to go here at this time.
During this tourist season, there are several ships or sea trucks plying from Teknaf to St. Martin, including Green Line water buses, LC Kutubdia, Kajal, Kerry Sindbad. The ship left for St. Martin at 10 a.m. and returned at 3 p.m.
St. Martin can also be reached by trawler and speed boat. Sea trucks run until April. After that, the administration did not allow it to continue due to hostile weather. However, those who want to go to St. Martin as an adventure in the hostile season can rent a trawler.
However, this journey is not very safe. Accidents don’t usually happen, but they can happen. So be careful. But for those who can’t resist the temptation to see the real world or the temptation to take a shower on a deserted island, there is no alternative but a trawler. Contact / Phone Number of Carey Sindbad: 01716210421, 0341-62712, 812571
Hotels & Resorts in Saint Martin
Names and Telephone Numbers of Several Hotels and Resorts in St. Martin –
- Vacation Tourism Ltd. West Beach, Rent 1500-3000
- Shayari Eco Resort, Galachipa, Rent 1500-2500
- SKD Resort, Bichanakandhi. Rent 1500-4000
- Coral Blue Resort: 01713190013, 01713190007
- Humayun Ahmed’s Samudra Bilash: 01911920666
- Kingsu Eco Resort, Golachipa, Rent 1500-3000
- Blue Marine Resort, West Beach besides Jetti, Rent 1500-5000
- CTV Resort, West Beach, Rent 1000-3000
- Diamond Sea Resort, West Beach, Rent 1200-2500
- Dream Night Resort, West Beach, Rent 1500-2500
- Hotel Sand Shor, Market Area, Rent 1200-2500
- Hotel Sea Inn, Market Area, Rent 1500-2500
- Hotel Sea Find, West Beach, Rent 2000-4000
- Farhad Resort, West Beach, Rent 1200-2500
- Blue Lagoon Resort, West Beach besides Jetty, Rent 1500-5000
- Coconut Coral Resort, Bilaikanda, Rent 1500-3000
- Labiba Bilash Resort, West Beach, Rent 3000-12000
- Light House Resort, West Beach, Rent 1500-3000
- Nil Degante resort,Conapara, Rent 2000-4000
- Panna Resort, West Beach, Rent 1500-2500
- Music Echo Resort, On the south end, Rent 2500-4000
- Prasad Paradise, North Beach, Near Market, Rent 1500-4000
- Samudra Khanan, West Beach, Navy Road. Rent 1200-2500
- Samudra Kutir, West Beach, Konapara. Rent 1500-3000
- Bags Bari Resort, Paschim Para, Rent 1000-2000
Where To Eat At Saint Martin’s Island
There are restaurants in almost all residential hotels, so you can eat there if you want. Apart from this, you can order all the food from the various live fish arranged on the table outside the hotel. You can do bar-b-que at night, pick fish and tell them they will do it for you. Here are some tips to visit St. Martin. To visit St. Martin, you can contact several travel agencies from Dhaka, including Carey. The ship ran for only 4 months from November to March.
If you want to go another time, you have to go by trawler. St. Martin now has many hotels, resorts, and cottages so there is no shortage of accommodation. It is better not to go to the island on Friday-Saturday to stay at affordable prices. Everything on the island is left out, so the cost of food is relatively high. The cost per person in three days will be 5-6 thousand Tk. By enlarging the team, it is possible to go around for less than 3 and a half thousand Tk.
Visit More Places:
- Ramu Buddist Bihar
- Ramu Rabar Bagan
- Moheshkhali Island
- Radiant Fish World
- Laboni Point
- Sugondha Beach
- Bangla Newspapers
Frequently Asked Question About Saint Martin:
- Visit Saint Martin, Coral Island, Bangladesh
- Saint martin island paragraph
- Saint martin map Bangladesh
- Saint martin area
- Saint martin island paragraph for class 5
- The natural beauty of saint martin island
- Saint martin’s island west beach Bangladesh
- Saint martin island map